DISCIPLESHIP TRAINING SCHOOL (YWAM-DTS)
To Know God and Make Him Known
Discipleship Training School (YWAM DTS) was created to help you discover your place in fulfilling the Great Commission (Matt 28:16-20). YWAM DTS is an intense full-time program, lasting five or six months. You will start with 3 months of lectures before stepping out into the nations serving God’s through evangelism, intercession and acts of compassion.
The first 12 weeks of DTS are known as “Lecture Phase”, during which you will grow in your knowledge and understanding of God. You will be in an interactive classroom setting where you will be challenged and taught by local and international speakers on topics core to your Christian beliefs and designed to grow your faith and character.
A crucial element to the learning experience is our “live/learn” environment. You’ll learn not only from lectures but also from community living. The lifestyle is simple, multicultural and international, with meals eaten together in a community dining room and shared dormitories. A typical week of during lecture phase will include the following:
- Lectures (Monday to Friday)
- Regular Community Worship and Intercession
- Personal devotional time
- Ministry times to apply teaching and respond to God.
- Small groups
- Work duties – practical service on our campus
- One-on-one processing times with a staff member
- Local outreach
During the outreach phase you will travel as a team to another culture and serve through evangelism, intercession and acts of compassion. During outreach you will discover the beauty and difficulties of serving God in an intense cross-cultural experience.
Recent outreach locations have included Albania, Uganda, the Middle East, Turkey and Greece (with an emphasis on the refugee crisis).
Key areas of learning during DTS include:
- God’s Nature and Character – Encountering God
- God’s Intention for Individuals, Peoples and Creation – Seeing All of Life from God’s Perspective
- God’s Redemption: Sin and The Cross – Recognizing Jesus as Lord
- God’s Family: His Children & His Church – Becoming More Like Jesus
- God’s World: His Call & His Commission Doing the Works of Jesus – Doing The Works of Jesus
- YWAM: A Response to God – Knowing God; Making Him Known
You can find the full curriculum from the International DTS Centre at the following link: http://www.ywamdtscentre.com/dts-curriculum/
The Purpose and Intended Outcomes of DTS are as follows:
- To GATHER and CHALLENGE people to worship, listen to and obey God, releasing them (in the context of the DTS) to serve through evangelism, intercession, acts of compassion and other expressions of God’s heart for the world, possibly even pioneering new ministries.
- To INSPIRE and CULTIVATE growth in one’s relationship with God resulting in Christ like character, which is based on a solid Biblical foundation, the work of the Holy Spirit and the personal application of Biblical truth, especially concerning God’s Character, the Cross and empowering Grace.
- To SHARPEN one’s ability to relate to, learn from and work with people, including those of different cultures, personalities and perspectives.
- To further EQUIP each one to serve God’s purposes either in or outside of YWAM Family of Ministries, strengthening a commitment to reach the lost, especially the unreached, to care for the poor, and to influence all areas of society.
- To IMPART the vision and foundational values of Youth With A Mission International as well as that of the host operating location and to provide information regarding a variety of opportunities for service.
If you have any questions regarding this school, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
YWAM DTS 2017
YWAM DTS 2018
6 Highfield Oval, Harpenden, AL5 4BX, UK
ywamharpenden.org is the official website of Youth With A Mission Harpenden, a ministry of YWAM International and YWAM England.
Registered charity number 1156783. Company registration number 8807913 in England and Wales.
© 2017, YWAM Harpenden, a ministry of YWAM International