DATE: 24 September 2017
UOFN CREDITS: 12
PREREQUISITE: YWAM-DTS & ONE OTHER 2nd LEVEL SCHOOL
SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS & DIPLOMACY
The School of International Relations & Diplomacy (SIRD) aims to equip students to engage confidently and implicationally with the domain of international relations and diplomacy within the sphere of government. The goal is that students will be able to reflect the Lord’s heart and kingdom values as they serve, wrestle, and engage with very real issues and dilemmas that dominate this complex global sphere.
The school seeks to develop understanding and influences of various institutional, structural, and political mechanisms that impact the relationship among nations – including the causes of conflict, rise & fall of governments, and the destabilisation of nation states, regional and global agencies. Together we will examine information & disinformation strategies, the rhetoric of religious extremism, and shifts in political & regional power that impact civil society and beyond.
The outcome of the School of International Relations & Diplomacy (SIRD) is to create an opportunity for students to engage in this particular field, to create an excitement, a confidence, and the ability to think implicationally through the dilemmas and hard questions that do not have easy answers – to do so with integrity and grace.
This course is part of the College of Humanities and International Studies and College of Science & Technology from the University of the Nations Colleges and Centres.
PRICING / DATE
DATE: 24 September – 15 December 2017.
With the collaboration of highly respected speakers and experienced specialists we aim to gain deeper understanding – including tools to be better agents of – change, peace, justice, and reconciliation – rooted in Biblical principles & values.
Through lectures, expert input, discussions, multi-media, small groups, weekly assignments, reading, and a final project the student will foster an appreciation of the complexities, challenges, and dilemmas faced as they engage and grapple with the issues below:
- Biblical view of the sphere of government in general, and international relations & diplomacy in particular
- What is diplomacy and why is it so important?
- Understanding political justice, international law, and the consequences
- The rise and fall of the great empires found in the bible
- The importance of history and its impact on international relations & diplomacy
- The impact of Europe, the division of social, church, and government powers
- Human Rights and the violations thereof
- Understanding the dilemmas and tensions of war & peace negotiations in various regions of the world, their influences, and impact
- Regional conflicts & terrorism
- Current issues of the day – cause and effect
- Case studies reflecting the importance of international relations & diplomacy
The School of International Relations & Diplomacy is part of a degree track for those that desire to continue studying within the University of the Nations.
If you have any questions regarding this school, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6 Highfield Oval, Harpenden, AL5 4BX, UK
ywamharpenden.org is the official website of Youth With A Mission Harpenden, a ministry of YWAM International and YWAM England.
Registered charity number 1156783. Company registration number 8807913 in England and Wales.
© 2018, YWAM Harpenden, a ministry of YWAM International