IMMERSEWORSHIP LEADERS INTENSIVE RETREAT
WORSHIP LEADERS INTENSIVE RETREAT
COURSE CODE: TBC
WHAT IS IMMERSE ALL ABOUT?
IMMERSE is a week-long live-learn intensive retreat put together to help worship leaders grow.
We believe that when a worship leader grows in heart and skill, their relationship with God is enriched, and the overall corporate worship experience at their local worship communities and gatherings improves and grows as well.
At IMMERSE we desire to facilitate this growth by creating an atmosphere and intentional space for:
- Fresh encounters with God in times of personal and corporate prayer and worship.
- Developing more hands-on skills and knowledge in the practical application of worship leading.
- Deeper understanding of God’s heart for worship through insightful biblical teachings.
- Connecting with and making new friends with other worship leaders from various denominations and cultural background – sharing stories and experiences, encouraging one another and growing and having some fun together!
Who can attend the RETREAT?
It is open to worship leaders within and outside YWAM, and to all denominations and cultures.
ARE YOU READY TO
Ijeoma Ozichi Omotade
Through the last 20 years, Ozichi has served in various capacities in music, creative writing and worship ministry: As Worship/Music director within and outside the local churches, as a professional singer and songwriter in the corporate secular space, and as staff in YWAM, in various non-music and music functions.
Through these diverse work experiences the Lord has afforded Ozichi the privilege of witnessing first-hand the power of worship and music to propagate transformational change in the lives of people and communities at large. She is therefore a firm believer that music creativity and worship play important roles in how we influence cultures, and is becoming a fast-emerging force in the evangelism of people and the discipling of nations.
Ozichi is committed to the vision of creating spaces where young creatives are continually encouraged to pursue God’s heart authentically, develop excellence and creativity in areas of musical skill, and pursue relentlessly the advancement of God’s kingdom.
She is married to Kayode and they are blessed with two lovely girls. They live in YWAM Harpenden.
Monica Chagas has served as a worship leader in YWAM Harpenden, and is currently serving with YWAM Radiant in London as part of their worship and music production training team.
She is always excited to share her amazing life testimony of how The Lord healed her of a speech ailment as a child. Today she sings and teaches music for The Lord! Monica is a professionally trained musician, music teacher, vocal coach, recording artiste and producer. She has a graduate degree in Singing from the Federal University of Goiás, is a certified “Belting Technique x Lyrical Singing” graduate from the Invoz Institute of Rio de Janeiro Brazil, holds a postgraduate degree in Cultural Management at SENAC, and an ongoing undergraduate student in Speech Therapy at PUC/Go Brazil.
Monica has had the privilege of running a professional music production studio, working as a vocal trainer to several gospel and popular singers in Brazil, and as director and professor at the Instituto Presbiteriano de Cultura in Goiânia-GO.
Today she makes her home in England, serves fully with YWAM and loves to work with local churches, among them St. Paul and St. James Church in London. Her call to England is simply to love the nation as her home, impart through music training of young people, worship leading and music evangelism, and simply serving people in whatever ways she is given to do.
Date: 12 – 19 September 2021 (1-week Live-In)
Cost: £200 (To cover feeding, Accommodation and seminar materials)
TEACHING CONTENT INCLUDES:
- Understanding what the Bible really says about The Ministry of Praise and worship
- Where does culture fit into worship? How our culture affects how we view, and engage in worship, and how to navigate it successfully.
- How to nurture a healthy relationship with the GOD.
- Running an effective Worship Ministry with Limited Resources.
- How to create space for your team to grow and develop spiritually and skilfully.
- How to overcome some barriers when working with your (non-musical) leadership.
PRACTICAL CLASSES INCLUDE:
- Practical sessions on creating and perfecting your worship set.
- Basic Simple Steps to integrating other cultural sounds into your corporate worship music.
- Vocal Coaching classes.
ywamharpenden.org is the official website of Youth With A Mission Harpenden, a ministry of YWAM International and YWAM England.
Registered charity number 1156783. Company registration number 8807913 in England and Wales.
© 2018 YWAM Harpenden, a ministry of YWAM International