COURSE CODE: DSP 211
TYPE: FLW COURSE
(Full learning weeks)
UOFN CREDITS: 12 CREDITS
CULTURA ARTS DTS
“Knowing God and Making Him Known through Creative Arts”
The Cultura Arts DTS is a Discipleship Training School with a creative and Latino flavour and is led by artists Sandro (Colombia) and Deborah (England). In addition to the standard DTS curriculum, the Cultura Arts DTS has an emphasis on the creative, the school is also bilingual delivered in both Spanish and English.
This Cultura Arts DTS is intended for those with a creative streak who want to use their gifts as a disciple of Jesus. During this school, you will meet others on that same journey. The Cultura Arts DTS has a focus on interactive teaching and creative processing of what God is speaking to you. As part of the Cultura experience, you will also choose a track during the lecture phase for example music, photography or painting which will be utilized during use outreach experience.
We believe that discipleship is worked out in everyday living so you’ll be the sort who’s willing to spend your life following Jesus, constantly learning and being refined to be more like Him. So, you’ll open yourself to become part of our community and belong. A place where you can receive, where you can be you and yet prefer others.
The Discipleship Training School (YWAM DTS) is a prerequisite for all other courses and is, therefore, the gateway into the seven Colleges/Faculties and various Centres of the University of the Nations. The DTS also serves to orient and prepare all new Youth With A Mission (YWAM) and UofN staff.
DATE / PRICING
DATE: 08 April – 10 September 2019
Lecture Phase: £1950
Arts Materials: £50
Outreach Phase: £1300 + flights/visa (which is an additional £500-700 approx.)
WHAT IS A DTS?
Discipleship Training School (YWAM DTS) was created to help you discover your place in fulfilling the Great Commission (Matt 28:16-20). YWAM DTS is an intense full-time program, lasting five or six months. You will start with 3 months of lectures before stepping out into the nations serving God’s through evangelism, intercession and acts of compassion.
YWAM DTS is a prerequisite for not only becoming YWAM staff, but also for YWAM’s second-level training with University of the Nations
In the first 12 weeks, you will grow in your knowledge and understanding of God, His plan for your life, and His world. You will have a different lecturer each week on topics such as “hearing God’s voice”, the Bible, missions, evangelism, nature and character of God.
A crucial element to the learning experience is our “live/learn” environment. You’ll learn not only from lectures but also from community living, regular rhythms of worship and intercession, local outreach and practical service on our campus.
In the outreach phase you will travel as a team to another culture and serve through evangelism, intercession and acts of compassion. During outreach you will discover the beauty and difficulties of serving God in an intense cross-cultural experience.
Recent outreach locations have included Albania, Uganda, Middle East, Greece (refugee crisis) and Turkey.
Deborah and Sandro Cruz (England/Colombia) have been married for 7 years. Their passions for prayer & worship and the Arts brought them together and have led them on a full colour odyssey of discovery into how to work together in YWAM. They try to bring the best out of each other and it’s working! They both love to see people set free and develop in their creativity and intentionally create spaces for that to happen. While Sandro’s gifts lie in visual arts like painting and sculpture, Deborah is a dancer and musician.
Key areas of learning during DTS include:
- God’s Nature and Character – Encountering God
- God’s Intention for Individuals, Peoples and Creation – Seeing All of Life from God’s Perspective
- God’s Redemption: Sin and The Cross – Recognizing Jesus as Lord
- God’s Family: His Children & His Church – Becoming More Like Jesus
- God’s World: His Call & His Commission Doing the Works of Jesus – Doing The Works of Jesus
- YWAM: A Response to God – Knowing God; Making Him Known
You can find the full curriculum from the International DTS Centre at the following link: http://www.ywamdtscentre.com/dts-curriculum/
PURPOSE OF DTS
Purpose and Outcomes of DTS:
- To GATHER and CHALLENGE people to worship, listen to and obey God, releasing them (in the context of the DTS) to serve through evangelism, intercession, acts of compassion and other expressions of God’s heart for the world, possibly even pioneering new ministries.
- To INSPIRE and CULTIVATE growth in one’s relationship with God resulting in Christ like character, which is based on a solid Biblical foundation, the work of the Holy Spirit and the personal application of Biblical truth, especially concerning God’s Character, the Cross and empowering Grace.
- To SHARPEN one’s ability to relate to, learn from and work with people, including those of different cultures, personalities and perspectives.
- To further EQUIP each one to serve God’s purposes either in or outside of YWAM Family of Ministries, strengthening a commitment to reach the lost, especially the unreached, to care for the poor, and to influence all areas of society.
- To IMPART the vision and foundational values of Youth With A Mission International as well as that of the host operating location and to provide information regarding a variety of opportunities for service.
If you have any questions regarding this school, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6 Highfield Oval, Harpenden, AL5 4BX, UK
ywamharpenden.org is the official website of Youth With A Mission Harpenden, a ministry of YWAM International and YWAM England.
Registered charity number 1156783. Company registration number 8807913 in England and Wales.
© 2018, YWAM Harpenden, a ministry of YWAM International