COURSE CODE: DSP 211
TYPE: FLW COURSE
(Full learning weeks)
UOFN CREDITS: 12 CREDITS
CROSSROADS YWAM DTS
“The Crossroads Discipleship Training School is specially designed for adults aged 30 and older; singles or couples, who are seeking spiritual renewal, vision, or a new direction. This CDTS is designed to further equip you for engagement in ‘Knowing God and Making Him Known’ whether locally or internationally. The emphasis is living discipleship as a lifestyle—meaning that a life spent following Jesus is one spent constantly learning and being refined to be more like Him with the natural outflow of bringing the gospel to others. Come alongside others who have similar goals and vision, learn together and sharpen one another as you serve God’s purposes. We recognise that as someone with life experience you come to this school with much to give, but remember that this is also a time for you to receive, realign, deal with the past and be refreshed in all the Lord has for you. The Crossroads DTS will be a great next step, which will punctuate the rest of your life.
Please note: Unfortunately we are only able to accommodate families for this school in special circumstances. We will be looking to make provision for families for the April 2019 CDTS.
DATE / PRICING
DATE: 9 April – 5 September 2018
Lecture Phase: £1950 + £150 (activity fee)
Outreach Phase: £1300 + flights/visas (which is an additional £500-700 approx.)
WHAT IS A DTS?
Discipleship Training School (YWAM DTS) was created to help you discover your place in fulfilling the Great Commission (Matt 28:16-20). YWAM DTS is an intense full-time program, lasting five or six months. You will start with 3 months of lectures before stepping out into the nations serving God’s through evangelism, intercession and acts of compassion.
YWAM DTS is a prerequisite for not only becoming YWAM staff, but also for YWAM’s second-level training with University of the Nations
In the first 12 weeks, you will grow in your knowledge and understanding of God, His plan for your life, and His world. You will have a different lecturer each week on topics such as “hearing God’s voice”, the Bible, missions, evangelism, nature and character of God.
A crucial element to the learning experience is our “live/learn” environment. You’ll learn not only from lectures but also from community living, regular rhythms of worship and intercession, local outreach and practical service on our campus.
In the outreach phase you will travel as a team to another culture and serve through evangelism, intercession and acts of compassion. During outreach you will discover the beauty and difficulties of serving God in an intense cross-cultural experience.
Recent outreach locations have included Albania, Uganda, Middle East, Greece (refugee crisis) and Turkey.
Chris and Carol Hatton
Originally from Canada, Chris moved to Australia via Hawaii in his teens with his parents who are also missionaries. Chris became a carpenter after working for a while in Youth With A Mission, and during his apprenticeship won awards for his work. He has always enjoyed building, especially with natural products. Now in his forties, Chris’s focus is shifting, and is growing in his desire to ‘build’ people instead of houses.
Originally from England, Carol became an Australian citizen on February 2013 having lived in Australia for the best part of 13 years. She trained and worked as a secondary school teacher with a special interest in kids with behavioural problems. Her interest has more recently shifted to adults and helping them work through issues which they feel are of a concern to them personally. Having completed the Certificate IV in Christian Counselling Ministry with YWAM in Perth, Carol is better equipped and ever developing her skills in pastoral care, member care and counselling.
As the Hatton’s continue to follow God’s lead as family, they continue to be challenged by new situations and the ever present need to rely on Him for wisdom and insight.
“I will turn the darkness before them into light…”
Key areas of learning during DTS include:
- God’s Nature and Character – Encountering God
- God’s Intention for Individuals, Peoples and Creation – Seeing All of Life from God’s Perspective
- God’s Redemption: Sin and The Cross – Recognizing Jesus as Lord
- God’s Family: His Children & His Church – Becoming More Like Jesus
- God’s World: His Call & His Commission Doing the Works of Jesus – Doing The Works of Jesus
- YWAM: A Response to God – Knowing God; Making Him Known
You can find the full curriculum from the International DTS Centre at the following link: http://www.ywamdtscentre.com/dts-curriculum/
PURPOSE OF DTS
Purpose and Outcomes of DTS:
- To GATHER and CHALLENGE people to worship, listen to and obey God, releasing them (in the context of the DTS) to serve through evangelism, intercession, acts of compassion and other expressions of God’s heart for the world, possibly even pioneering new ministries.
- To INSPIRE and CULTIVATE growth in one’s relationship with God resulting in Christ like character, which is based on a solid Biblical foundation, the work of the Holy Spirit and the personal application of Biblical truth, especially concerning God’s Character, the Cross and empowering Grace.
- To SHARPEN one’s ability to relate to, learn from and work with people, including those of different cultures, personalities and perspectives.
- To further EQUIP each one to serve God’s purposes either in or outside of YWAM Family of Ministries, strengthening a commitment to reach the lost, especially the unreached, to care for the poor, and to influence all areas of society.
- To IMPART the vision and foundational values of Youth With A Mission International as well as that of the host operating location and to provide information regarding a variety of opportunities for service.
If you have any questions regarding this school, please email: email@example.com
6 Highfield Oval, Harpenden, AL5 4BX, UK
ywamharpenden.org is the official website of Youth With A Mission Harpenden, a ministry of YWAM International and YWAM England.
Registered charity number 1156783. Company registration number 8807913 in England and Wales.
© 2018, YWAM Harpenden, a ministry of YWAM International